TEIJIN Ltd. and NOMON Co., Ltd. call for papers for the prize essay, aiming at collecting wide range of ideas, opinions and practices regarding ‘how people around the world connect themselves to extend their healthy life expectancy as we called this as “Productive Aging” (henceforth, PA)’. TEIJIN Ltd. and NOMON Co., Ltd. seek to achieve PA that enables all people to live fulfilling lives of their own. The prize essay was planned as a part of the activities of “Productive Aging Consortium” (henceforth, PAC)’. TEIJIN Ltd. and NOMON Co., Ltd. are member of the PAC.
For the prize essays, we welcome inputs regarding anti-aging from wide range of individuals, including those with habitual practice for “Extend healthy life expectancy”, idea/method of constant measuring/monitoring of health condition, and have been engaged in medical research, etc., as PA-related public comments.
Habitual Practice: Habitual practice in daily life. (For example, exercise or practice taking advantage of the local/community characteristics; the secrets passed down to their families from ancestors to generations; what to keep in mind for maintaining own health; and how athletes maintain their physical condition, etc.)
Elucidation of Mechanism: Medical researchers or sports doctors, etc., who have been engaged in research of the anti-aging mechanisms. (For example, those individuals capturing and medically treating physical mechanisms onsite, such as clinics, osteopath, etc.)
Measurement/Monitoring: A system for constantly monitoring health status; and entrepreneurs who are working for social implementation, etc.
Please submit your paper following the submission procedure below. We welcome your comments on any aspect of the subject.
1. Subject of the Essay “Practicing for extend healthy life expectancy, Productive Aging”
2. Submission Period and Deadline Monday, June 8th to Sunday, July 5th, 2020. (Japan Time)
3. Submission Procedure Information is available on the NOMON Homepage https://www.nomon.jp/en/news/ Please send your essay by e-mail in Word format (font size 10.5), no longer than 3 pages.
4. Language Japanese or English
Besides the prize money, the selected authors will be provided with an opportunity to make a presentation soon.
The prize money is as follows:
First place: ￥300,000, Second place: ￥200,000, Third place: ￥100,000,
Fourth place: ￥50,000, Special Prize: ￥30,000
6. Selection Member and Method
Adjudicators are Business, academia, and civilian, medical doctors and students. (There will be 30-50 adjudicators in total, each of them has one voting right.)
Each adjudicator chooses three papers that he/she considers with top quality. The papers are given points based on order of the selection: first choice is given 3 points; second choice,2 points; third choice, 1 point.
First choice: 3 points, second choice: 2 points, third choice: 1 point
Selection Period: About 30 days
7. Submission Address and Procedure
Following the procedure, please send your paper to PA Public Consultation, NOMON Co., Ltd. by e-mail email@example.com as an attached document.
※ Please be advised that we are not able to accept anonymous paper and papers sent by other method such as by telephone, fax, or post.
※ For submission of your paper, an attached document should be in Word format.
※ E-mail Procedure
・Address to: PA Public Consultation Secretariat, NOMON Co., Ltd.
・Subject Header：Comments on “Practicing for extend healthy life expectancy, Productive Aging”
・Summary (abstract) of the paper within 120 letters should be written before the main essay. And please select whether your essay relates from either Habitual Practice, Elucidation of Mechanism, or Measurement/monitoring.
・No longer than 3 pages in A4 size paper including summary (abstract) and main body
・Character font: 10.5
・Please include: your Affiliation, Name, Address. Telephone/Fax Number
・Language: Japanese / English
※ Submission Address and Enquiries
Secretariat of PA Public Consultation, NOMON Co., Ltd.
Tel: +81-50-1744-4541 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
8. Management and Handling of Comments All the papers submitted for the prize essay will be published on NOMON company website, except the names, address, telephone and fax numbers, and e-mail address. If any comments including private information, by which particular individual can be identified, or any information deemed to damage the property rights or other rights of any individual or corporation, the relevant section of the text will be deleted at the time of publication.
NOMON Co., Ltd.